Gouda cheese and ricotta cheese together....yum! Don't shy away if you don't like ricotta...you really wouldn't know it's in there. For some extra flavor use smoked Gouda!
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, shredded (can use smoked Gouda for a extra kick)
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon dried dill weed, double if using fresh
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- In a large pot, boil potato chunks and chopped onion in salted water until tender. Drain and return to empty pot.
- Add butter and milk and mash.
- Add Gouda, ricotta, dill weed, salt, pepper and garlic powder and continue to mash to desired consistency.
- Pour mashed mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly drizzle the melted butter over top.
- Evenly sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.