Recipe by Hey Jude
This is an open-face sandwich recipe that I found in the Chicago Tribune Magazine.
- 1 slice rye bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 slices cooked chicken, cut about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped slivered almonds
- 1 ounce smoked gouda cheese, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the broiler.
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
- Spread mustard over one side of the bread.
- Place chicken on mustard, leaving a border.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken.
- Cover chicken with Gouda Broil sandwich until chicken is heated through and cheese has melted and begins to brown.