Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm posting this recipe because I have too much gotu kola or swamp pennywort and I need some recipes to get rid of it! Gotu kola is supposedly good if you have arthritis.
- 2 bunches gotu-kola (about 250 g leaves without stems)
- 3 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- good squeeze lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 sliced chili (optional)
- 75 g fresh grated coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Wash well and strip leaves from stems.
- Shred finely with a sharp knife.
- Combine with other ingredients and serve immediately.
- The flavour is slightly sour, slightly bitter.