Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
Think Mounds Candy Bars on steroids! Plus, simply add chopped almonds on top to turn your Mounds into an Almond Joy! So delicious! First saw this recipe posted on FB and have seen it many times since on Pinterest, too! The recipe didn't say how many "bites" to make, so I originally made 18, but next time I will make 24, as the 18 turn out very large. Plus, they freeze well!
- 1 (15 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as directed on package)
- 2 eggs (or as directed on package)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as directed on package)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped fine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place cupcake liners in 2 cupcake pans (18-24 cupcakes, depending on how many you'd like to make; 18 will be VERY large "bites"!). Mix brownies according to package directions and fill cupcake liners approximately half full. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. While they are baking, mix the sweetened condensed milk and milk together. Mix in the coconut. Remove brownies from oven and spoon on a large spoonful of coconut mixture into each brownie cupcake (push down into brownie a bit), dividing evenly between the brownies. Return brownies to oven and continue to bake an additional 14-16 minutes, until the coconut begins to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing the paper liners. Drizzle on the melted chocolate, then sprinkle on the almonds if desired. Enjoy!