Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Came across this while looking for recipes for my kitty :)
- 1⁄2 lb fillet of sole
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water (may need more or less depending on your dish)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped liver
- 1⁄2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 2⁄3 cup cooked rice
- Place sole in a small, greased baking dish. Sprinkle with the parsley. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the dish. Bake in a preheated 450*F (230*C) oven for 10 minutes. Cool then and shred with a fork.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan. Stir in flour and heat until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add cheese, liver, and salt, stirring until cheese has melted.
- Add the flaked fish and rice to cheese sauce and stir well. Cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.