Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Or even a third, or fourth bowl. It's been done. This is a bean-less chili, so feel free to indulge in polite company.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs coarse ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules, divided
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble until beef is browned.
- Place cooked beef, chopped onion, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, cumin, 2 tsp beef bouillon, garlic powder, cayenne and pepper in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Then, stir in remaining beef bouillon, onion powder, salt, sugar, garlic salt, chicken bouillon and lime juice.
- Cover and cook one hour.
A very solid, delicious and easy chili that can be easily customized. I added one can rinsed, dk. kidneys, because we like them, and used double beef boullion since we were out of chicken. I served it with the beloved Josephinas (cheesy garlic toasts, recipe 59363), shredded cheese and sour cream for toppers. Yummy! Don't skimp on the time, because the flavor really develops in that last hour.
We liked this... I didn't have the bouillon granules so used one chicken stock cube instead, and I bought some beef stock rather than home made, I wanted to use up the whole jar, later my mixture was a little too liquid so I mixed in a spoonful of cornflour and let it thicken up a little. This was easy to make and since my crockpot only has one setting I left this on for 2 hours, then did another hour while keeping a closer eye on it. I think that the bouillon granules would give this an even better, deeper taste, but it is also tasty as is. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a simple, tasty crockpot meal that we liked and that I will make again. Thanks!