Recipe by Mirj
Or even a third, or fourth bowl. It's been done. This is a bean-less chili, so feel free to indulge in polite company.
Top Review by henway00
A very solid, delicious and easy chili that can be easily customized. I added one can rinsed, dk. kidneys, because we like them, and used double beef boullion since we were out of chicken. I served it with the beloved Josephinas (cheesy garlic toasts, recipe 59363), shredded cheese and sour cream for toppers. Yummy! Don't skimp on the time, because the flavor really develops in that last hour.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs coarse ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules, divided
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble until beef is browned.
- Place cooked beef, chopped onion, beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, cumin, 2 tsp beef bouillon, garlic powder, cayenne and pepper in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Then, stir in remaining beef bouillon, onion powder, salt, sugar, garlic salt, chicken bouillon and lime juice.
- Cover and cook one hour.