3 hrs 30 mins
This soup just seems to make that cold just go away. Can be made lower-carb by substituting eggplant for the potatoes--it's actually the original recipe, but my family prefers potatoes. As well, you can replace the italian sausage with any ground meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, uncased
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed & peel-on
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (32 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1In stock pot, fry meat.
- 2Add potatoes, onion, fennel, garlic, and salt. sauté for 10 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce to simmer for two to three hours. Add water to desired consistency.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Gotta Feel Better" Soup
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 1139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g