Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hi, I am from "God's own country" Kerala, a beautiful state of India. This recipe is my version for the Gothampu ada that my Amma(Mother) makes. She makes it by rolling in plantain leaf, using finger tips, and the batter will not be so watery (will be somewhat a dough consistency).
- Crush baby onions, cumin seed, curry leaves,green chillies and coconut flakes together.
- Mix the above with the flour and add salt to taste.
- Add enough water and make dough of consistency that of cake batter.
- Grease the heated pan with a little oil/butter.
- Make pancake out of a laddleful of batter.
- After sometime, spread a little oil/butter on the top.
- Make upside down.
- Wait till done.
- Now, repeat the steps 5 through 9 till the batter is over.