Hi, I am from "God's own country" Kerala, a beautiful state of India. This recipe is my version for the Gothampu ada that my Amma(Mother) makes. She makes it by rolling in plantain leaf, using finger tips, and the batter will not be so watery (will be somewhat a dough consistency).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush baby onions, cumin seed, curry leaves,green chillies and coconut flakes together.
- 2Mix the above with the flour and add salt to taste.
- 3Add enough water and make dough of consistency that of cake batter.
- 4Grease the heated pan with a little oil/butter.
- 5Make pancake out of a laddleful of batter.
- 6After sometime, spread a little oil/butter on the top.
- 7Make upside down.
- 8Wait till done.
- 9Now, repeat the steps 5 through 9 till the batter is over.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gothampu ada (Special wheat pancake)
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: