Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
So good! Hope you like it too.
Make and share this Gorman's Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef sirloin or 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms or 1 (6 ounce) canuse 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup
- 1 cup beef bouillon or 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1 cup sour cream
- Coat meat with flour, salt, & pepper (meat mixture).
- In a large heated skillet: add butter to melt and then add meat mixture and brown meat quickly on both sides (just brown meat not cook).
- Add onions, garlic, ketchup, and mushrooms to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef broth or bouillon.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- **Uncover and mix 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- ** Only mix sour cream right before eating.
Call Gorman and tell him this is a winner! Great beef stroganoff. The recipe doesn't say to slice the beef into strips, but that's probably understood. After I sliced my pound of sirloin, I put it in a bag and tossed with the flour, salt and pepper, along with a teaspoon of smoked paprika. While simmering, it needed more liquid. Easy enough: I added beef broth and water. A tablespoon of sherry, too. The long (1 hour) simmering time insured a very tender bite. I really loved this recipe because I didn't have a lot of sour cream, and 1/2 cup stirred into the skillet at the very end was *perfect*. Thanks for posting this!