1/1 Photo of Gorilla Bread for Little Monkeys
Here's one for the kiddies to get their toes into! Okay, maybe not the toeses, but how 'bout their little sticky fingers? Oooh, yeah! Take this to church coffee hours, potlucks, picnics, family reunions. You will surely return home with an empty container! (NOTE: wasn't sure of the size of the cans, just get the ones that have 10 biscuits.... *I actually make my biscuits from scratch* !!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter, for greasing the pan
- 3 (1020.58 g) can refrigerated biscuits
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 1Grease a Bundt or tube pan with BUTTER; set aside.
- 2Pre-heat oven to 400*.
- 3Remove biscuits from tube, flattening each round.
- 4Cut cream cheese brick into 30 small squares; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, mix white sugar & cinnamon; set aside.
- 6Mix melted butter and brown sugar in another small bowl--it will be grainy; set aside.
- 7ASSEMBLE: place one cheese square into center of each flattened biscuit.
- 8Wrap biscuit dough around each cheese square, pinching edges; roll biscuit ball in dipping cinna-sugar; load into prepared pan.
- 9When you have one layer in the pan, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of the drizzling butter-sugar mixture over those biscuit balls.
- 10Continue with the next layer & some drizzling mixture, finishing with the drizzling mixture at the top.
- 11Pop the pan into the oven for about 30 minutes -- dough should still be just a teensy doughy (not completely dry).
- 12Flip out of pan immediately; cool.
- 13Best if served while luke-warm.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorilla Bread for Little Monkeys
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.9
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 1165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g