Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Paula Deen and it was so tasty! If you decide to alter anything let me know how it turns out!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside.
- Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes.
- Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts into the bottom of a bundt pan. Place half the prepared biscuits on top of the nuts.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup nuts.
- Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Place a plate on top and invert.
This is SOOOOOO good!!! This is our "Christmas Tradition" breakfast and it is so awesome! Once I accidentally put cinnamon in with the butter mixture and MY WORD it was wonderful! You can also substitute the walnuts with pecans! DELISH!! I'm glad others have tried this gem! I'll be making it again in a few days!
I used 2 cans of Grand biscuits and cut them into thirds. I formed some of the sections into balls and coated them with the cinnamon sugar mixture with a pinch of nutmeg. I made the cream cheese into balls using a small cookie scoop with cold cream cheese. I coated the cheese balls with the cinnamon sugar, as well. With a rolling pin, I flattened out twenty of the biscuit balls and wrapped them around the cream cheese balls. I placed the balls on a wax papered cookie sheet and covered the sheet with plastic wrap and foil and refrigerated overnight. I coated the Bundt pan with butter, sprinkled the bottom with pecans and layered the bread, beginning and ending using the biscuit balls without the cream cheese. I sprinkled in raisins and drizzled the brown sugar butter sauce (which is incredible, btw after each layer. It baked beautifully in exactly 40-mins and rose to the height of the pan. It tastes great!
I made this to share with some friends. It went over so well! They loved it. Have made it several times since then. Always a hit. When there's a sale on canned biscuits, I stock up. You can freeze them to use later. Thanks so much for sharing!