Sherri L.'s Note:
This a traditional family recipe that we make for Christmas every year. Family can help themselves throughout the morning. while we are busy opening presents and cooking the big meal. You can combine this with Monkey bread if you like, by putting Gorilla bread on the serving plate and putting the Monkey bread on top (gorilla with a moneky on its back).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1/2-1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use 1 cup) or 1/2-1 cup walnuts (I usually use 1 cup)
- 20 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (2 cans with 10 biscuits each)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Combine white sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- 2Flatten each biscuit and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and then place cube of cream cheese inside. Fold in half (like a half moon) and pinch edges. Repeat with all 20 biscuits.
- 3Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and layer biscuits and nuts in the pan starting with a layer of nuts. Sprinkle between layers with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 4Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and the melted butter and pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan.
- 5Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let set in pan for 10 minute then turn out onto a plate or serving dish. To eat just pinch off portions with your fingers!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorilla Bread
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 779.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g