Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This a traditional family recipe that we make for Christmas every year. Family can help themselves throughout the morning. while we are busy opening presents and cooking the big meal. You can combine this with Monkey bread if you like, by putting Gorilla bread on the serving plate and putting the Monkey bread on top (gorilla with a moneky on its back).
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans (I usually use 1 cup) or 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts (I usually use 1 cup)
- 20 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (2 cans with 10 biscuits each)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine white sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Flatten each biscuit and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and then place cube of cream cheese inside. Fold in half (like a half moon) and pinch edges. Repeat with all 20 biscuits.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and layer biscuits and nuts in the pan starting with a layer of nuts. Sprinkle between layers with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and the melted butter and pour over the biscuits in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let set in pan for 10 minute then turn out onto a plate or serving dish. To eat just pinch off portions with your fingers!