Recipe by MarieRynr
These delicious wafers are always the first to disappear on an appetizer tray. An excellent accompaniment to cocktails. Plan ahead as they need to chill before baking.
Top Review by Georgia Girl
These are fabulous. We had some friends over on the weekend for just drinks, and I made these and some sugary-spice pecans as well as a chicken ball(a recipe I have posted). Everybody raved about these--the combination of the blue cheese and the crunch of the pine nuts is excellent. Try them--you will definitely like them and get raves from your guests!!
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola or 1⁄2 lb other blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and cheese in a food processor or mixing bowl and blend until creamy.
- Add flour, pine nuts and salt.
- using palms, form into 2 1-1/2 inch diameter cylinders, wrap each cylinder in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill over night, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375*F Slice chilled dough into rounds about 1/8 th inch thick.
- Place 2 inches apart on cold lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove right away and cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight containers.