1/1 Photo of Gorgonzola Truffles
1 hr 20 mins
From Southern Living's facebook page 03-26-2012 -- originally from Clairiece Gilbert Humphrey, Charlottesville, Virginia, Southern Living April 2008 NOTE: Cook time equals chill time! ---------- Substitute chopped toasted pecans for the crumbled bacon, if you prefer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (4 ounce) container gorgonzola (crumbled )
- 2 teaspoons onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled, or substitute 1/2 cup finely chopped TOASTED pecans)
- pecans (optional)
- apple, slices (optional)
- pear, slices (optional)
- grapes (optional)
- 1Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
- 2Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon, or pecans. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with apple and pear slices and grapes.
- 3Makes 6 appetizer servings.
- 4NOTE: Cook time equals chill time!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 429.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g