Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Southern Living's facebook page 03-26-2012 -- originally from Clairiece Gilbert Humphrey, Charlottesville, Virginia, Southern Living April 2008 NOTE: Cook time equals chill time! ---------- Substitute chopped toasted pecans for the crumbled bacon, if you prefer!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (4 ounce) container gorgonzola (crumbled )
- 2 teaspoons onions (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bacon (cooked and crumbled, or substitute 1/2 cup finely chopped TOASTED pecans)
- pecans (optional)
- apple, slices (optional)
- pear, slices (optional)
- grapes (optional)
- Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
- Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon, or pecans. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with apple and pear slices and grapes.
- Makes 6 appetizer servings.
- NOTE: Cook time equals chill time!
OMG these truffles are so good!! I made as written but used a shallot rather than onion. They are creamy salty and have a nice little bite from the gorgonzola and shallots. Served this with diced apples and I could not stop eating it! Will be making these again! Going into my Best of Cookbook. Made for Photo Tag.