Recipe by breezermom
This is wonderful when you can grab your tomatoes straight off the plant....Simple and easy. I suggest you only use fresh parsley and basil for this. Prep time does not include the 30 minutes the cheese spends in the freezer :)
Top Review by duonyte
Lovely recipe! My tomatoes were a bit disappointing - so very nice and red on the outside and I even let them sit on the counter a couple of days - not nice and red inside! But one knows that with the right tomatoes this would be outstanding. Even with not perfect ones it was truly very good.
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, minced
- 6 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cheese in the freezer for 30 minutes. (Makes it easier to grate).
- Grate the cheese into a small bowl. Add the parsley, shallot and basil, stirring gently to combine.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a large serving platter or on 6 individual salad plates. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the tomato slices.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Beat with a wire whisk. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.