Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Good and easy!
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (4-6 ounces each)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- Heat a large non-stick skillet 5 minutes over medium heat until hot.
- Combine garlic and pepper.
- Press evenly into both sides of each beef steak.
- Place steaks in skillet and Cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness; turn occasionally.
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add broth and wine; increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over steaks and sprinkle with cheese.
YUM! These were great! The sauce was not as thick as I was expecting but that was probably my fault, I should have left it on a bit longer. I loved the gorgonzola, these steaks are fantastic! Thanks!
This was DELICIOUS!!! The broth was so simple but complemented the gorgonzola perfectly. I actually reduced the pan cooking time a little, put a layer of gorgonzola on top and then broiled the steak until the cheese had formed a crust. *A winner!* Thanks!
Very good! At the last minute, I wanted to do something different with my tenderloin; I searched and decided upon this recipe. I cooked the tenderloin as stated and the meat came out a perfect medium rare. I sauteed the meat in butter and garlic. I did not have gorgonzola but I had some bleu cheese and used that instead, which worked out just fine. The broth was delicious! I also served this with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Next time, I may omit the cheese and just serve it with this yummy broth.