Recipe by Warren Drew
I like this recipe because it gets ahh's and is different. Not that i am a vegetarian but it makes for a great dish. I invented it one day at my job where i am a head chef and we create everyday
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (stem removed and tender part chopped and added to veggies)
- 8 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 teaspoons romano cheese (grated)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash (summer)
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (white or red)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- marinate the portabella caps in italian dressing while chopping rest of ingredients after chopping veggies grill or sautee portabella until tender.
- put gorgonzola and one (1) slice of provolone on the gills of the mushroom.
- put in 300 degree oven to melt.
- put olive oil in the pan and heat to sautee.
- add shallots and garlic, do not brown.
- add squash, onion and mushroom stems.
- when aldante' add marsala (watch for flames).
- add v-8.
- add basil.
- pinch of salt and pepper.
- toss in pasta to heat.
- turn evenly to plates (4).
- place one (1) slice of provolone over pasta and veggies.
- top with grilled stuffed portabella.
- sprinkle with romano.