Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grilled or baked it doesn't matter. These are a tasty mushroom appetizer. We love the taste of Gorgonzola with the mushrooms. This is a Bobby Flay recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 large button mushrooms, with stems removed
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 -5 hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in saucepan until soft.
- Chop mushroom stems& add to saucepan, cooking until golden.
- Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients.
- Fill the mushroom caps and brush all over with olive oil.
- To cook either bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes until browned (I raised temperature to 375 for the last 10 minutes) or grill over medium heat until soft and tender.
Fantastic! But I must say I did use only about 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs and could have done with even less. Apart from that, very tasty!
I should have known when I saw "cups" of breadcrumbs there was a problem -- WAY TOO MUCH! The flavor of the mushroom and cheese got mostly lost in the crumbs. If I do this again -- and I might because I think it has potential -- I'll use only enough crumbs to bind the mixture. But first try, very disappointing.
Fabulous! Had these at our annual Christmas party. Had way too much food as usual and these were the ONLY thing completely gone. Easy to put together, made them the morning of and kept them in the fridge till ready to bake. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for posting this!