Recipe by Linda B
Grilled or baked it doesn't matter. These are a tasty mushroom appetizer. We love the taste of Gorgonzola with the mushrooms. This is a Bobby Flay recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 16 large button mushrooms, with stems removed
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 -5 hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in saucepan until soft.
- Chop mushroom stems& add to saucepan, cooking until golden.
- Remove from heat and add rest of ingredients.
- Fill the mushroom caps and brush all over with olive oil.
- To cook either bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes until browned (I raised temperature to 375 for the last 10 minutes) or grill over medium heat until soft and tender.