1/2 Photos of Gorgonzola Stuffed Eggplant Rolls With Mushroom Tomato Sauce
A vegetarian dish that can easily have meat added to it like ground, Italian sausage or veal. Very easy to make and a healthy meal that will fill you up. It is best to start the sauce and let it simmer while you prepare the rest of the dish. Some grilled chiabata bread goes along great for soaking up some of the sauce. And a glass of wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
- 453.59 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 354.88 ml chopped mushrooms
- 29.58 ml chopped basil
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper
For the eggplants rolls
- 1Sweat onions over medium heat in a skillet for 5 minutes, then add garlic and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Then, add mushrooms.
- 2Saute together for 3 to 4 minutes and then add canned, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir together and let it simmer on medium, low heat.
- 3While sauce is simmering, combine artichokes, spinach, gorgonzola, and mozzarella cheese in a sauce pan over medium, low heat. Add salt and pepper and stir until cheese in melted and all the ingrediants are combined.
- 4Take the eggplant and cut off both ends and discard. Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.
- 5Salt and pepper the strips of eggplant and spoon the cheese mixture onto one end of the eggplant. Roll the mixture up in the eggplant and secure with toothpicks.
- 6Repeat with the rest of the rolls.
- 7Spoon some of the sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Place the eggplant rolls in the dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until eggplant in tender. During the last 5 minutes of baking sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Add chopped basil for garnish when done.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola Stuffed Eggplant Rolls With Mushroom Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 1227.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 25.8 g