Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Shape magazine, this has fewer than 300 calories.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb extra lean ground sirloin (bison) or 1 lb ground buffalo meat (bison)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces gorgonzola (4 inches cubes) or 4 ounces any blue cheese (4 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoons choopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole wheat rolls
- Coat a large grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin, salt and black pepper. Shape mixture into 4 equal balls. Press 1 cube of Gorgonzola cheese into center of each ball, covering cheese completely with meat. Shape balls into patties, each about 1" thick.
- Add burgers to hot pan and cook 5-6 minutes perside, until cooked through (less for medium-rare meat).
- Meanwhile, mix next five ingredients well in a small bowl. Place burgers on rolls and spoon 2 tbsp yogurt sauce over each burger. Serve remaining sauce on the side.