Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simpler version of Giada DeLarentes' sausage stuffed mushroom recipe. They were a big hit every time I made them. They can be grilled or baked in the oven. You can use baby bellos or the big ones. The baby bellos are perfect for a bite sized appetizer.
- 1 package jimmy deans Italian sausage (Mild)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups gorgonzola (can use a little less if preferred)
- 32 baby portabella mushrooms (2 pkgs)
- salt and pepper
- Cook sausage until pink is gone.
- While sausage is cooking, take stems out of mushrooms and chop up.
- Add garlic cloves to sausage, cook for 1 minute and turn heat to low.
- Add mascarpone, bread crumbs, gorgonzola, and mushroom stems.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff mushrooms with cooked filling and line up on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minute
- There will most likely be some filling left. You can eat it on crackers or ripped up french bread.