Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is absolutely FABULOUS but not for the faint hearted. Full bodied flavor but do not look at the calories. Creme fraiche can be kept in the fridge for up to a week so this is a make ahead, quick recipe at the time that you want to serve it. You can substitute Blue cheese but it is not as full bodied.
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup creme fraiche (Under separate posting here on recipezaar)
- 1 lb cooked pasta shells (or other pasta of your choice)
- Mix cheese and creme fraiche in a medium saucepan and over low heat, heat it until the cheese has melted.
- Pour over the hot pasta.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty rolls.
OMG Bergy, this was rich and delicious! I made this with your creme fraiche recipe #29296. Poured sauce penne whole wheat pasta, added salt and pepper, and topped it off with a little asparagus that I had leftover. Served with garlic bread and baby greens salad. Will be making this again for sure.
This was really good Bergy. I sauteed some mushrooms and asparagus and tossed with penne and sauce and my kids and I enjoyed this sooo much. Thanks for posting a great recipe.