Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe by Ina Garten. Make sure that you use a large pot and stir frequently at the beginning so that the cream does not boil over.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3 -4 ounces crumbly gorgonzola (not creamy or "dolce")
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Bring the heavy cream to a full boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then continue to boil rapidly for 45 to 50 minutes, until thickened like a white sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Off the heat, add the Gorgonzola, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Whisk rapidly until the cheeses melt and serve warm.
- If you must reheat, warm the sauce over low heat until melted, then whisk vigorously until the sauce comes together.
AWESOME sauce for gnocchi! I used a little less gorgonzola and a little more parmesan because that's what I was in the mood for and it was delicious!
Wow, fabulous, so rich and creamy, absolute perfection! I made it exactly as directed, and served it with tomato-flavoured gnocchi. Gnocchi in gorgonzola sauce, heaven on a plate :) I had a small head of broccoli, so chopped it up, cooked it with the gnocchi, and combined everything with the sauce. This was a marvellously decadent supper, a real make again when I want something sinfully rich! Made in loving memory of Annelies and her marvellous recipes.
This is sooo good! I made it to use over whole wheat pasta, with great results. The whole family enjoyed it!