Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tastes exactly like the dressing I used to get at our favorite restaurant, which would be a two day trip to get now. It's from a local restaurant and if you're a gorgonzola lover, I think you'll enjoy this.
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (*)
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- In large jar, mix oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic.
- Shake vigorously then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving add bacon, sesame seeds and gorgonzola.
- Shake jar until everything is well combined.
- *Totoast sesame seeds:Place in heavy dry skillet over med heat and stir frequently 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Watch carefully, they will burn and pop out of skillet.
We enjoyed this one. The flavor is predominated by the sweetness and the sesame seeds, however; we could hardly taste the bacon, and the gorgonzola not at all. Thanks for posting!