Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't forget to allow yourself enough time to drain the cheeseball overnight.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb gorgonzola or 1 lb blue cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- sea salt, optional, depending on saltiness of cheese
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Add garlic to water in a small saucepan and heat until the garlic is cooked and the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Beat the cheeses together.
- Add the garlic and liquid and salt, if desired.
- In a double layer of cheesecloth, put sage leaves in a pattern in the center. Sprinkle nuts on top. Put cheese mixture on top of nuts.
- Gather cheesecloth, form into a ball and tie together.
- Put the cheese ball in a strainer over a dish and let sit in the fridge overnight to drain.
- Unwrap and serve.