Chef Shadows's Note:
This is from http://www.igourmet.com It is not my recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pastry into twelve 8 cm (3 in) squares.
- 2Pile on top of each other and cover with a cloth to prevent
- 3drying out.
- 4Brush one square with butter; place another on top to make.
- 5an 8 pointed star, then brush with butter.
- 6Put a cheese cube in the center.
- 7Bring up edges of pastry to cover cheese and pinch together.
- 8into a money bag shape (the butter will help pastry to stick.
- 10Tie a chive round top. Repeat with remaining pastry, cheese.
- 11and chives.
- 12Heat oil in a deep-fryer until a cube of bread turns brown in 1.
- 14Place "purses" in basket and deep-fry for 1 minute, until.
- 15crisp and golden brown.
- 16Drain thoroughly on absorbent kitchen paper.
- 17Garnish with chives and serve immediately on individual.
- 19Serves 4 to 6.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola Purses
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.6
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 355.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: