Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is from http://www.igourmet.com It is not my recipe.
- Cut pastry into twelve 8 cm (3 in) squares.
- Pile on top of each other and cover with a cloth to prevent
- drying out.
- Brush one square with butter; place another on top to make.
- an 8 pointed star, then brush with butter.
- Put a cheese cube in the center.
- Bring up edges of pastry to cover cheese and pinch together.
- into a money bag shape (the butter will help pastry to stick.
- Tie a chive round top. Repeat with remaining pastry, cheese.
- and chives.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer until a cube of bread turns brown in 1.
- Place "purses" in basket and deep-fry for 1 minute, until.
- crisp and golden brown.
- Drain thoroughly on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately on individual.
- Serves 4 to 6.