Recipe by KPD
A rich dish for those who love blue cheese. Great as a main dish or even as a side dish! This is my take on a Rachael Ray 30-minute meal. Perfect served with crusty garlic bread. Enjoy!
- 1 lb penne, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic and shallots until soft and translucent in butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer, it should take about a minute.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream. When cream comes to a boil add Gorgonzola, sage, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts into sauce.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss to coat.