Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy bread or appetizer. This recipe is from Bon Appetit, December 2010.
Make and share this Gorgonzola-Parmesan Twists recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 -6 prosciutto, slices thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to 12 inch square.
- Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on half of pastry. Sprinkle cheeses, then thyme over. Brush egg glaze on other half of pastry and fold over onto cheese; press firmly.
- Roll out pastry to 11 x 8 inch rectangle. Brush with egg glaze; sprinkle with pepper. Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips. Twist strips 3 times and arrange on sheets, pressing ends onto sheet to keep strips twisted. Brush twist lightly with egg glaze.
- Bake until browned; about 15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.