Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
an easy tasty appetizer for your next party.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 3 onions, sliced
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 ",thick
- 59.16 ml crumbled gorgonzola
- melt butter in a skillet.
- add onions, sugar and vinegar and cook on medium 20-25 minutes until golden brown heat broiler.
- put baguette slices on an ungreased cookie sheet and broil 2 minutes per side for lighly toasted results spoon 1 tsp of carmelized onions on each baguette slice, top with a sprinkle of cheese, broil for 1 minute until cheese is melted.
I am very torn on how many stars to give this one! I'm giving it 4 because I feel that probably it's just my unsophisticated palate that made me not enjoy it as much as I should have. The onions are delicious, but the gorgonzola was just too sharp for me. Maybe I'll try it again with a milder cheese.
I didn't follow the measurements, as I was just making it for a personal snack. But I have to say that these ingredients are wonderful together and the broiler really melded them well. Will do this again and again!