Recipe by Amy V.
A mixture of Gorgonzola (or blue) cheese and marinara--gives a very rich and sharp taste to the basic marinara. Many, many thanks for the recipe from Jen K.!
Top Review by LoriLions
If you love the taste of gorgonzola cheese and prefer a tomato base versus a cream base sauce, you will love this recipe. I had one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes and used three 8 oz cans of tomato sauce. I used margarine and I think butter would result in a creamier taste. I also used 5 oz of gorgonzola instead of 4 oz and the aged cheese left a really strong after taste. I love the recipe concept but you really need to adjust it to your own palate.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onions in oil until soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and basil and cook until tomatoes are cooked and it is all blended together 10-20 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and heat to a boil.
- Mix butter and cheese together and stir in until melted and blended.