Recipe by Mercy
This makes enough for about two servings of filet mignon, but can be used for any cut of beef. Double, triple, etc. as needed.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 ounce gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saute pan heat the butter to medium-high.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute until onion is clear. Reduce heat if garlic and onions begin to brown.
- Add the Madeira wine and deglaze the pan. Lower to simmer and let the wine reduce by half.
- Add the beef stock and reduce by half.
- Just before serving, increase heat to medium-high and add the Gorgonzola. Whisk until smooth. Serve on top of filet.