Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is different twist on everybody's favorite comfort food! It is especially good served with buffalo chicken, wings or tenders.
- 1 lb macaroni (I like shells)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Cook pasta until l dente, drain.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat, add flour, cook 1 minute to make roux (do not brown).
- Gradually whisk in milk and cream, simmer until mixture thickens slightly, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, add grated cheddar cheese and crumbled gorgonzola cheese, whisk until cheese melts.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce, stir to coat, transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup blue cheese and bake until sauce begins to bubble. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
I added 4 tbl spoons of butter as suggested and used whole wheat flour. I also used heavy whipping cream and 2% milk because its what I had on hand. I topped it with minced green onions. It was a great meal after being in an ice rink for 13 hrs!
this was very good. very rich. the first time i made it i used shells. the second time i made it slightly different and eliminated the flour, butter and milk and used the whipping cream and 2 eggs and the cheese and it was perfect.
This is absolutely delicious! Very rich. However, I believe I spotted and error in the ingredients. It states, 2 tablespoons of butter. I don't think that's right. It wasn't enough to make a roux, it was all balled up, so I added 2 more tablespoons and it was perfect! Yum!