Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this makes a quick weeknight meal. i even threw in some leftover shrimp when i made this the last time.
- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- cook linguine according to package directions in a skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- add onions and saute until softened.
- add mushrooms, saute about 5 minutes.
- stir in flour with a whisk, and stir in cream, whisking constantly.
- raise heat to high and bring to a boil, then lower to simmer and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in cheese, salt, pepper.
- cmbine the linguine, spinach, and sauce in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
Very creamy pasta dish and very easy to make. I didn't use fresh pasta, but otherwise followed the instructions. It all came together quickly and is great for a weekday night. I think I would cook the spinach a little bit first. Overall a very nice dinner!!