Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our regular dish at home. It's very easy to make and taste absolutely amazing! You can also make it with sea bass. You would definitely think this comes out from a chef's oven.
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh gorgonzola
- 1⁄8 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 14 ounces halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Set oven to 450.
- Line the foil on over pan and grease the foil slightly with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add in all the remaining seasonings; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan, sprinkle with salt.
- Bake a few inches from the heat for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and bake until 70% cooked.
- Remove from oven and cover them with the cheese mixture on the top side only.
- Return to oven and and bake for about 2 minutes until the topping is browned.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!
Delicious topping for halibut. We really enjoyed this. I had a huge filet and still didn't need all the topping so I used it the next night on steak - fantastic. I can see this melted on french bread, too or tossed with vegetables. A wonderfully flavorful and versatile recipe - thanks!
had to give this 5* it was soo delicious but there is a goof in the instructions. #8 say "parmesan" instead of gorgonzola. which is beside the point, the flavour of this is outstanding! and I had to use Danish blue cheese had no gorgonzola, bet it would be even better with gorg!! I used fat free mayo but contridicted it by using butter and the Danish, haha!! the only thing I left out was the garlic powder, didn't have any and with the fresh garlic I don't think it was needed. This would be wonderful to serve to guests, sooo much flavour!! Thanks for posting.