1/1 Photo of Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
48 hrs 25 mins
Clean Plate Club's Note:
The most decadent take on garlic bread I've ever come across. Appeared in Gourmet, December 1998 A recipe from Callahan's Cafe Zelda, Newport RI
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Garlic Oil:.
- 2Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3Wrap garlic head in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- 4Carefully unwrap garlic and cool.
- 5Horizontally halve garlic head and arrange, cut sides down, in a small bowl with oil.
- 6Let mixture stand, covered and chilled, 2 to 3 days to infuse oil with garlic flavor.
- 7Preheat broiler.
- 8In a saucepan boil cream, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- 9Add Gorgonzola and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
- 10Remove pan from heat and keep sauce warm, covered.
- 11Horizontally halve baguette and arrange, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
- 12Broil bread 2 to 3 inches from heat until golden. (If crust is soft, you may broil crust side of baguette as well.)
- 13Brush cut sides of baguette with garlic oil and season with salt.
- 14Cut baguette crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- 15Pour warm Gorgonzola sauce onto center of a large plate and arrange roasted garlic bread slices around sauce.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1314.1
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1808.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g