Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Downriver Grill in Spokane WA. They use a waffle cut potato that catches the sauce -Divine! I have not made this recipe yet, but I've had my fair share at the Downriver!
- 24 ounces frozen french fries
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed shredded romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- crumbled gorgonzola
- fresh cracked pepper
- Bake french fries according to package directions.
- While fries are in the oven, combine cream, romano and parmesan cheeses, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a sauce pan.
- Heat the sauce on medium then add gorgonzola cheese and parsley.
- Heat to a bubble (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and stir in mozzarella cheese to give sauce a gooey texture.
- Drizzle the sauce over a large bowl of fries.
- Garnish with crumbled gorgonzola, cracked pepper and parsley.
This is a recipe for soup.
What a waste of a shopping trip, ingredients, energy and, most importantly, much anticipated meal! I had Gorgonzola cheese fries at a restaurant and the sauce was thick, creamy and delicious. This is not that recipe so in case you thought it was you should definitely never ever make this.
I think the ingredients are great but way too much whipping cream. I could tell it was going to be too much so i cut it in half and it was still to much. Otherwise it was a great recipe and will continue to use it.
the best fries you will ever taste i had never had Gorgonzola cheese until these and now i cant get enough !!!!!!!