Recipe by SarahCKS
This is a delicious and simple bread that makes a wonderful accompaniment to an Italian meal.
Top Review by Iceland
totally awesome! I only used 1 tsp olive oil in the dough and non in the topping. I used icelandic white cheese and it worked fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I served it with fish soup.
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 5 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, olive oil and yeast mixture in a food processor until it forms a ball. Knead a bit on a floured surface, then put in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Flatten the dough on a cookie sheet until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in thickness. Dimple the dough with your fingers.
- Combine cream, cheese and rosemary in a food processor. Smooth the cheese mixture over the top of the dough. Brush some oil and sprinkle some black pepper on top. Let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. Best served warm.