Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious and simple bread that makes a wonderful accompaniment to an Italian meal.
Make and share this Gorgonzola Focaccia recipe from Food.com.
- Stir yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour, olive oil and yeast mixture in a food processor until it forms a ball. Knead a bit on a floured surface, then put in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Flatten the dough on a cookie sheet until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in thickness. Dimple the dough with your fingers.
- Combine cream, cheese and rosemary in a food processor. Smooth the cheese mixture over the top of the dough. Brush some oil and sprinkle some black pepper on top. Let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. Best served warm.
totally awesome! I only used 1 tsp olive oil in the dough and non in the topping. I used icelandic white cheese and it worked fantastic. Thank you for sharing. I served it with fish soup.
This was really fantastic. It takes awhile to make, but is super easy. I loved the gogonzola-rosemary topping. I was not sure if the recipe called for fresh or dried rosemary, so I used fresh. I served it when having friends over for dinner as a side to eggplant Napoleon and everyone really enjoyed it. This makes a lot of focaccia so my friends happily went home with some leftovers (and there is still some left for us). I would make this again. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013.