MARIA MAC *'s Note:
You can use this yummy sauce for dipping garlic bread, celery sticks, carrots, peppers, cucumbers and anything else you can think of dipping. I have also served this with little chicken skewers as a great appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make roux first by melting butter in a small saucepan. Slowly add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has browned. Set aside to chill.
- 2In medium saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté a minute or two. Add milk and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, then add cheeses and pepper.
- 3Cook about 15 minutes until cheeses are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- 4Add roux in small portions, mixing well after each addition so that roux is incorporated.
- 5Continue adding portions of roux until mixture is the consistency of melted chocolate. Add salt to taste.
- 6Serve with toasted garlic breadsticks and veggies of choice.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 390.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g