Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use this yummy sauce for dipping garlic bread, celery sticks, carrots, peppers, cucumbers and anything else you can think of dipping. I have also served this with little chicken skewers as a great appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces good-quality gorgonzola
- 2 1⁄2 ounces good-quality Roquefort cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Make roux first by melting butter in a small saucepan. Slowly add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has browned. Set aside to chill.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté a minute or two. Add milk and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, then add cheeses and pepper.
- Cook about 15 minutes until cheeses are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Add roux in small portions, mixing well after each addition so that roux is incorporated.
- Continue adding portions of roux until mixture is the consistency of melted chocolate. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with toasted garlic breadsticks and veggies of choice.