Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful pasta sauce that can be prepared in advance and heated through just before serving
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat butter, add garlic and red pepper, saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine and chicken broth, cook five to eight minutes to reduce then turn off heat. Cover and set aside until ready to service.
- A few minutes before serving add gorgonzola, parmesan, cream and nutmeg, heat until cheese is mostly melted - serve with pasta.
Great recipe. Mom and husband loved it. I had to add some cornstarch to thicken it a bit. But I may just like my sauce a little thicker.