Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gorgonzola is produced in Lombardy and Piedmont, it is one of the world's fine cheeses.
- 1⁄3 cup gorgonzola
- 6 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mash and mix the cheese, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and pepper with a fork. Lay the thighs, smooth side down, on a work surface. Crumble on the cheese mixture, then press to flatten. Roll up the chicken thighs and secure with a sturdy pointed toothpick.
- Spray all sides of the chicken bundles with olive oil from a mister or coat with a pastry brush dipped in oil. Spread 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and the salt on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Dip the thighs into the crumbs to lightly coat all sides. Shake off excess. Set on a large baking sheet. Mist all sides with oil.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
I tried the recipe exactly as wrtten except using chicken breasts. Did not care for this at all. Why all the breadcrumbs with the Gorgonzola? That totally took away the great taste of the cheese...all we could taste was breadcrumbs. Also, definitely needed additional seasoning...very bland. I added some garlic powder but it still needed more. The concept is great and I might try it again but without the breadcrumbs and with additional seasonings.
Prepared as directed except I added 1 clove of garlic to the filling. I really expected it to have more gorgonzola flavor though. DH really liked it, so I will probably make it again.
Really good! Used Roquefort instead of Gorgonzola, but otherwise followed the recipe. I would use a bit more salt and pepper the next time though, I felt the blue cheese taste could have used more "counter flavour". But, I really like my salt so this is very much a personal note. ;-) Thanks so much!