Recipe by Helping Hands
This is my husband's favorite salad! It is very elegant - perfect for a dinner party or even a candlelight dinner for two! I recommend using only half of the salad dresssing, and saving the rest for later.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I made this salad for the 2 of us, I LOVED it! Just be careful adding the entire amount dressing (which ROCKS) to the lettuce, IT is strong and may overpower. Just drizzle as you go. YUM!
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 -2 package pre-washed pre-torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) boxcrumbled gorgonzola
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 and toast the walnut pieces (on baking sheet) for a few minutes.
- Pour lettuce into bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl.
- Add cheese and toasted walnut pieces to lettuce.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss well.