Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my husband's favorite salad! It is very elegant - perfect for a dinner party or even a candlelight dinner for two! I recommend using only half of the salad dresssing, and saving the rest for later.
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 -2 package pre-washed pre-torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) boxcrumbled gorgonzola
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 and toast the walnut pieces (on baking sheet) for a few minutes.
- Pour lettuce into bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl.
- Add cheese and toasted walnut pieces to lettuce.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss well.
I made this salad for the 2 of us, I LOVED it! Just be careful adding the entire amount dressing (which ROCKS) to the lettuce, IT is strong and may overpower. Just drizzle as you go. YUM!
Great salad! So simple and flavorful. I agree with Chicagoland Chef du Jour that dressing should just be drizzled, I used a little too much. I'm looking forward to making this again. Thanks for posting the recipe.
this was really good!! i added some red bell pepper to the mix for some color! thanks for sharing!