Recipe by evelyn/athens
Intense flavours abound in this delicious cheese spread - the pungent gorgonzola combined with the delicate anisette of the Sambuca and the crunchy nuttiness of the pine nuts - this begs to be spread on a crisp, juicy wedge of pear or apple! This needs to be refrigerated for atleast 2 hours before serving.
Top Review by LoriLou
Wasn't sure how all the intense flavors would come together, but they did - Beautifully! Followed the recipe as is, except used an electric hand mixer as it was already out, and used the pine nuts. This made a fairly soft ball, even after being well chilled, but that made for much easier serving. I will be making this again! Took it to a dinner party for 15 last night for the appetizer table. It appeared to have been popular, as there was less of it left than anything else on the heavily laden table. I think it would have been just as good on the dessert table. Thank you for a really delicious recipe!!
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola or 1⁄2 lb Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambuca liqueur
- 1 cup pine nuts or 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted until golden
- pear, wedges
- apple, wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything but nuts in food processor and process 1 minute.
- Spoon into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
- Shape cold cheese mixture into a ball, roll in toasted nuts, refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with assorted crackers and pear and apple wedges.