Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flavored butters are a much-favored condiment for me & this one from *The Carnival Experience* by Peter Leypold (Exec Chef of Carnival Cruise Lines) can be used often w/filet mignon, tenderloin, grilled gourmet burgers or on baguette bread to accompany a soup or salad course. *Enjoy* !
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) (optional)
- Whip butter + cheese till very light & stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pipe rosettes onto parchment paper using a star tip or press into sml butter molds. Refrigerate till well-chilled & firm (Can be frozen & used in desired amts as needed).
I have been looking for a recipe similar to Sullivan's Steakhouse gorgonzola garlic butter. I love that topped on my filet mignon, and I have been dying to find a copycat recipe. I tried this recipe tonight on a T-bone steak, leaving out the lemon, worcestershire, and tabasco, and adding a teaspoon of fresh chopped parsley. I have a very discerning pallet, and this recipe is on the money! I may never go back to Sullivans! :)
What a lovely addition to our steak! I made half a batch and got 10 rosettes. I will freeze the rest until Thanksgiving! They look cute and are very tasty! Made for Twissis' Football win 2014.
I made this as written except for the Tabasco. I can't believe how good it was on a slice of rosemary & olive oil sourdough bread that I warmed in the oven. I had it with a bowl of homemade chili. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2012.