Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A new twist on mac and cheese! You must try this if you are a blue cheese lover! Enjoy!
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, about 2 1/2 cups uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta per package directions, and drain.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons green onions, and butter.
- Cook remaining green onions, milk, cream cheese and gorgonzola in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until cheese melts. About 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper, and cooked pasta to skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle pasta with bread crumb mixture.
Even my fussy palette LOVED this dish! So did my mother, and little brother. It's the perfect thing for both kids and adults. A gourmet version of mac and cheese! I just did it a tiny bit differently... I did not use the shallots. I mixed the breadcrumbs in with the sauce, tossing it with the pasta. I sprinkled clumps of Gorgonzola into the mix before the final toss. DEFINITELY will make this again!