Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 crusty kaiser onion rolls, split
- red leaf lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high to high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, wine, Worcestershire sauce, shallot, garlic, sage, and steak seasoning; form mixture into 2 BIG patties, 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- Drizzle burgers with olive oil and place on hot skillet.
- Cook 5-6 minutes, then flip.
- Top burgers with big mounds of cheese and loosely cover the skillet with foil.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes or until the burger is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms and leave open-faced, with the tomato and lettuce on the bun tops.
- Top and assemble burgers when you sit down to eat.
The best gorgonzola burgers ever! Mighty flavorsome!