Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
A buttery good savoury shortbread with tangy gorgonzola, pistachios and a hint of lemon, and heat. Featured on HuffPostTaste's facebook page, recipe from ClosetCooking.com - Cooking in a closet sized kitchen! ---------------------------- Prep time includes chill time!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a delicious addition to our New Year's meal. I served them before the meal was ready and they were a hit; especially with my DH. Loved the flavor bite of the gorgonzola cheese and the crunchy pistachios -- it makes them sooo rich tasting and pretty too. Made for PRMR, January, 2014.
- 1 cup gorgonzola (at room temperature and crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the gorgonzola and butter.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne ~ add to the butter/cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the pistachios and lemon zest.
- Shape the dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice about 1/4" thick and place about an inch apart, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they are light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes. (CHECK AT 10 MINUTES!).
- Cool on pan for about 10 minutes to firm up, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: The shortbread will be rather soft when removed from the oven, but will crisp as it cools.).
- Store in an air tight container.