1/2 Photos of Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread Wafers
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A buttery good savoury shortbread with tangy gorgonzola, pistachios and a hint of lemon, and heat. Featured on HuffPostTaste's facebook page, recipe from ClosetCooking.com - Cooking in a closet sized kitchen! ---------------------------- Prep time includes chill time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the gorgonzola and butter.
- 2Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne ~ add to the butter/cheese mixture until well combined.
- 3Add the pistachios and lemon zest.
- 4Shape the dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6Slice about 1/4" thick and place about an inch apart, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they are light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes. (CHECK AT 10 MINUTES!).
- 8Cool on pan for about 10 minutes to firm up, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 9Note: The shortbread will be rather soft when removed from the oven, but will crisp as it cools.).
- 10Store in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g