Recipe by JanetB-KY
Described as a rich appetizer, this sounds delicious; posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
I was so excited when I spotted this recipe. It has been years since I have had or even thought of grape leaves and I remembered how good they are. This recipe doesn't disappoint. And additionally it can be made ahead of time for an appetizer or to take on a picnic lunch. Easy to make and delicious... what more could you want besides Adonis himself to feed them to you?
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 3⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar grape leaves, packed in brine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the green olives, kalamata olives, Gorgonzola cheese, macadamia nuts, basil, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, and brown sugar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay each grape leaf flat, and place a heaped tablespoonful of the olive and Gorgonzola mixture in the center.
- Carefully fold or roll the leaves around the mixture, making sure to fold one end of leaf UNDER the cheese/olive mixture to help hold the leaf in place; chill until serving.