Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Crispy, delicious and easy appetizer or snack. Also great with salads.**
Make and share this Gorgonzola and Kalamata Snack Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices Italian bread (thin slices)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot olive oil (such as Hot Pepper Oil or you can use plain olive oil)
- 2 -3 tablespoons kalamata olives, coursely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbles
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, cut chiffonade style
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet. Drizzle slices with seasoned oil.
- Sprinkle cheese on bread, then chopped olives.
- Toast until crispy and brown.
- Place on serving plate and sprinkle basil over tops.
- **Please don't worry about exact measurements, this is an easy no measure dish, just guestimate!
GREAT TREAT, for sure! I did use plain ol virgin olive oil & all the rest of the ingredienta listed & had a great-tasting snack! I can see these also as very nice appetizers, but on smaller bread ovals or rounds! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed while in Greece during the Zaar World Tour 4]
A great little appetiser that will probably taste even better when I use the right ingredients. I used slices of crusty olive loaf in place of the Italian bread and kalamatas, and stilton subbed for the gorgonzola. I did have fresh basil but only had plain olive oil, so I added some freshly cracked black pepper. Twelve minutes baking time resulted in beautifully crisped bread and melted cheese. Very good!