Recipe by Vicki in CT
These elegant little balls are served on tiny pretzel sticks. Great make ahead. From The Hors D'Oeuvre Book by C. Castle.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- walnuts, finely chopped
- tiny pretzel stick
- garnish with watercress leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine cream cheese, gorgonzola, celery, parsley, onion, chives, and seasonings. Mix until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill 1-2 hours.
- Form cheese mixture into 3/4 inch balls and gently roll in nuts to cover completely. Place in single layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to two days.
- To serve arrange balls attractively on a serving plate. Insert single pretzel stick into each ball. Garnish with watercress.